A community groundbreaking celebration was held on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 4 p.m. to commemorate the construction of the new Jonesborough K-8 school. The celebration was held at the school site at 720 North Cherokee Street in Jonesborough.
With the Jonesborough Board of Mayor and Alderman; the Washington County Mayor and County Commission; the Washington County School Board, Director and school System staff; and parents all working together, they are providing teachers, students and staff of the Jonesborough schools with a much-needed wonderful educational facility that will serve the community for decades to come.
- Mayor Vest, Town Of Jonesborough Mayor
- Mayor Joe Grandy, Washington County
- Jerry Boyd, Director Of Washington County Schools
- Wayne Woods, Burleson Construction
- Kerrie Aistrop, Parent Representative
The celebration ended with nearly 20 students breaking ground at the new school site.