Town of Jonesborough News Release
For Immediate Release
Monday, June 7, 2021
McKinney Center to host June Art & Craft “Mini” Markets
NOTE: Please find photos here:
The McKinney Center will host the June “Mini” Market on Friday, June 11 from 12 p.m. through 6 p.m. and June 12 from 10 a.m. through 6 p.m. Shane’s Place will offer lunch and dinner options both days.
The event is open to the public with a suggested donation of $1 per person for entrance. The building and parking are ADA accessible.
“The June market will feature even more crafters, artists, and makers,” stated McKinney Center Director Theresa Hammons. “As our region’s COVID numbers are lowering and restrictions are loosening, the McKinney Center has added more vendors indoors and outdoors to give customers more shopping options.”
Visitors will see returning vendors and new artists. Vendors include:
- Grace Viola-Pearson of Made For Your Soul with Kokedama handmade crafts and terrariums
- Selena Hayes of Sweet Pots pottery
- Dinah Sluder with embroidered textiles
- Bobbie Nestor of Art in Stones Jewelry
- Pappy’s Wood Crafts with popular character ornaments and handmade toys
- Stacy Larsen with River Button Bracelets
- Michael DiNapoli pottery
- Michael Bishop’s wood cutting boards
- Suzy Hooven jewelry
- Deborah Bays pet pillows and other home-goods
- Ritchie Hayward with fine-art photographs
- Donna Bird Fine Art portraits and paintings
- Rob Scaffe Cabinetmaker fine furniture and millwork
- Jay Flack paintings
- Paige Smiley tea-time creations
- Laura Darsch of Elegant Silver and Stones jewelry
- Kelly Hall with Books & Cleverness wall art
- The McKinney Center’s StoryTown Bake Sale
- Jeanne G’Fellers with MtnCreative paper arts “Where Creativity & Disability Meet the Mountains”
- Ann Florence lace and other creations
The June “Mini” Market is the fourth in a series of five. After June, there is one more “Mini” Market on July 9 and July 10.
For vendor information and space availability for July, please visit
McKinney Center Director Theresa Hammons designed McKinney “Mini” Markets as a smaller, safer venue providing an opportunity for artists to showcase their work, and for patrons to peruse and shop from area artisans and crafters in a socially distanced environment.
The market will adhere to the latest guidelines for safety in both inside and outside venues. Extra cleaning measures are in place, and attendance in the building will be monitored and kept below half-capacity throughout the day.
For more information on this or upcoming markets, please call the McKinney Center at 423.753.0562.