Contractors will begin a project of relining sewer pipe on Tuesday, June 7 in downtown Jonesborough from Courthouse Square to Washington Avenue. Work is scheduled to be completed by Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Drivers are to be aware of construction vehicles and personnel at the work areas. At times, the equipment utilized will make a bursting noise followed by an air release. This is normal and there is no need to be alarmed.
All road closures, excluding 1st Avenue, will occur after business hours to minimize the impact on traffic flow. Work will not be conducted Friday evenings or during the weekend. After-hours work will likely occur after 9 p.m., but prep work could begin earlier. This is not a set time, but after evening traffic slows.
Work will impact different areas as it proceeds through the work area. Impacted areas include:
- Rear of Courthouse Square near Texas Burritos & More and the Walking Bridge.
- Temporary Road Closure from Courthouse Square to Fox Street
- The alley from Jackson Theater/Main Street Cafe to Courthouse Square
- Temporary Road Closure at 1st Avenue to North Cherokee
- 1st Avenue behind Eureka Inn. This will be closed to thru traffic
- Jonesborough United Methodist Church Parking Lot
- Temporary Road Closure at 2nd Avenue, between the Jonesborough United Methodist Church and train tracks. The Chuckey Depot will be accessible from Depot Street.
- Washington Avenue Cul-de-sac
If the public has questions or concerns regarding the project, contact 423.753.1022.